Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dance Like a Butterfly


On my run this morning, I saw about 100 butterflies (no I did not count them and yes they may have been the same 10 butterflies following me the whole time!). They were amazing.....flitting in and out of my path, flying solo and in groups, resting on the ground and in the grass and then bursting into movement.

I took some pictures of them. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do the visual any justice, but at least you get the idea.  :)  

When I got home, I looked up the animal totem for butterfly. Could the symbolism be more perfect?




You need to look really closely on this one (some in the grass and two on the right side of the photo, one top and one bottom and some on the pavement that didn't show up in the picture)!


BUTTERFLY

Transmutation, Dance of Joy
The butterfly is s symbol of change, joy, and color.
It is the symbol of the soul.
They remind us that life is a dance,
not to take things quite so seriously.
They also remind us to get up and move.
Dance brings the sweetness of life.

Butterflies bring color and joy to your life.
Look at them and remember what joy is in your life,
if its a lot or a little, it is still joy.
They teach us that growth and transformation does not have to be traumatic;
it can occur gently, sweetly, joyfully.
If a butterfly totem has shown up in your life,
make note of the most important issues in your life,
and see what needs to be changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment