Monday, September 2, 2013

"The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life"


One of my friends recently bought this book and sent me an email thanking me for being a part of supporting her during this past, most trying year of her life. She also shared these quotes from the pages that she has read in the book so far. I loved them so much that I ordered the book today. Enjoy!


“Another world is not only possible, she’s on her way…on a quiet day, if I listen very carefully, I can hear her breathing.”   --Arundhati Roy

“If we forget, we can remember again”  --Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Este’s

Oxytocin (love hormone, and blessedly released in multitude when giving birth)
“The benefits of the love hormone in women continue to be discovered.  A UCLA study revealed that when women are under stress and gather for support, the tend-and-befriend response kicks in and oxytocin is secreted, helping to curb the fight-or-flight response,.  In short, science now supports what girlfriends have always know.  We need one another.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment