Sunday, March 9, 2014

Simon's Hook, Fun Friends, Connections Through Writing

Friday, March 7th: Today, I read the book "Simon's Hook" to my class. It is a book about how to deal with teases and put downs. In the book, the grandmother tells her grandson a story about a group of fish who learn not to bite the hooks that try to catch them. The fish use different techniques (swimming away, making a joke, agreeing, changing the subject, and ignoring) in order to avoid the hooks and remain free fish. As I was reading the book and led the children in their follow up activity, I realized how much I needed to hear the lesson as well. Swim away from the hooks and I will remain free. 
Got it!

Saturday, March 8th: I LOVE our friends Josh and Dana and their girls Ava and Rory. I love how we can get together just a few times a year and pick up where we left off the last time. It is a wonderful feeling to have like minded friends to share the journey with.

Sunday, March 9th:  Today I met with two of the people in my book writing group. I love how we can be from very different walks of life and backgrounds and connect on such a deep level. I have learned so much from them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment