Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reading to My Students

One of the things I love most about my day is when I get to read aloud to my students. Over the years we have read classics like Little House on the Prairie, Pippi Longstocking, My Father's Dragon, The Secret of Nimh, and The Secret Garden. We have also read some others like George Washington's Socks and My Friend Ben.

We are currently reading Harriet the Spy and today I read the part where Harriet lost her notebook (the one in which she has written her honest and sometimes mean-spirited thoughts about her friends and others in her life). I loved the reaction that the children had while I was reading. They are so excited to find out what will happen tomorrow. It is a blessing to know that my students love to read and love to listen to stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment